- Our website: https://sasakawaleprosyinitiative.org/
- Our social media pages and apps.
Collection of Personal Information
We collect the following Personal Information from you:
- Your contact information such as your name and email address when you send us your inquiries or requests through our website or other means, subscribe to our email magazines or newsletter and/or apply to participate in our events or webinars; and
- Your information such as name, address, phone number, and email address when you apply for our funding programs.
Use of Personal Information
We use your Personal Information for the purposes described below:
- To send you our email magazines or newsletters to which you have subscribed;
- To organize our events and webinars to which you have signed up;
- To review your application for our funding programs to which you have applied;
- To respond to your questions, comments, or complaints;
- To respond to your access, correction, deletion, or other requests concerning your Personal Information retained by us as permitted by applicable law;
- For fraud prevention and fraud security monitoring purposes; and
- To enhance, improve, repair, maintain, or modify our services, as well as to undertake quality and safety assurance measures.
We also use or disclose Personal Information, as necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, including laws of other countries; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including authorities in other countries; (d) to protect our operations; (e) to protect yours and our rights, property or safety, and/or that of others, and (f) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Provision of Personal Information to third parties
We may provide your Personal Information to third parties from time to time. In doing so, we will make sure to comply with relevant requirements under applicable law.
Use of Google Analytics
Google Analytics service is provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). We use Google Analytics to collect anonymized statistics in order to improve our website. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to Google Analytics and privacy, and opt out of them by downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. We have taken the following measures to protect the data collected through Google Analytics:
- We have concluded a data processing agreement with Google about how Google may process the data collected through Google Analytics;
- We have configured Google Analytics settings to mask the last octet of user IP addresses;
- We have configured Google Analytics settings to not share data with third parties; and
- We do not use other Google services in conjunction with Google Analytics.
We seek to take reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to ensure the security of Personal Information we collect and process, and will continuously review and improve our those efforts. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact us” section below.
Third party services
If you would like to request to access, correct, add, or delete your Personal Information, or cease the processing of your Personal Information retained by us (to the extent these rights are provided to you by applicable law), or if you have any questions, comments or complaints about our collection and processing of your Personal Information, please contact us using the contact form. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.