WHO Goodwill Ambassador for Leprosy Elimination’s 20th Anniversary Webinar Series
Webinar #2: Hansen’s Disease / Leprosy as a Human Rights Issue
Hansen’s disease / leprosy is a medical problem but also a social problem due to the stigma and discrimination attached to the disease. In this webinar, we invite Morhan*, which is tackling with Hansen’s disease as a human rights issue for a long time, and will listen their story of various activities initiated in Brazil.
Mr. Sasakawa, WHO Goodwill Ambassador for Leprosy Elimination has stressed the importance of the recognition of leprosy as a human rights issue and continued appealing to the global community. We open for the questions from the participants to be discussed during the Q&A session with him. Please provide your question through the registration form in advance in order to allow us efficient time management. We welcome your participation in the webinar!
* Morhan: Movimento de Reintegração das Pessoas Atingidas pela Hanseníase / Movement for the Reintegration of People Affected by Leprosy
Date: Wednesday, 29th September, 2021
- Time: 08:00-09:30 BRT (GMT-3)
- Duration: 85 min.
- Language: English
- Message from Special Guest (00:00-00:05)
Dr. Alice Cruz, UN Special Rapporteur on the Elimination of Discrimination against
Persons Affected by Leprosy and their Family Members
- Message from Partner (00:05-00:10)
Mr. Faustino Pinto, Vice National Coordinator, Morhan, Brazil
- Goodwill Ambassador’s 20th Anniversary Video (00:10-00:20)
- Talking Session with Miss World & Miss Universe Brazil (00:20-00:45)
- Facilitator: Mr. Artur Custodio, National Coordinator, Morhan
- Ms. Caroline Teixeira, Miss World Brazil 2021
- Ms. Julia Gama, Miss Universe Brazil 2020
- Mr. Yohei Sasakawa, WHO Goodwill Ambassador for Leprosy Elimination
- Q & A session with Goodwill Ambassador (00:45-01:15)
- How to participate in “Don’t Forget Leprosy” campaign? (01:15-01:20)
Prof. Takahiro Nanri, Executive Director, Sasakawa Health Foundation
- Introduction of the Campaign song: “Don’t forget Hansen’s disease / Não esqueça dahanseníase” composed by the artist Ms. Jully Oliver (01:20-01:25)