Sasakawa Leprosy (Hansen’s Disease) Initiative is organizing a Global Youth Forum on the theme of “Don’t forget leprosy” later in 2022, following three preparatory Regional Youth Forums held through December 2021 to January 2022.
On January 25, in the runup to World Leprosy Day, it is hosting a talk session with WHO Goodwill Ambassador for Leprosy Elimination Yohei Sasakawa. The session will feature highlights from the three regional forums and discussions between young participants and the Goodwill Ambassador about the role of young people have to play in raising awareness of leprosy. Please join us.
- Date: Tuesday, 25th January, 2022
- Time: 11:00-12:10 (UTC)
- Duration: 70 min.
- Language: English
- Simultaneous Interpretation: French, Portuguese, Indonesian, Hindi, Nepal and Bengali
- Program :
- Opening: Welcome remarks by Sasakawa Health Foundation (00:00-00:05)
- Video message from Special Rapporteur Dr. Alice Cruz (00:05-00:10)
- Discussion shared from Asia by HANDA (00:10-00:20)
- Discussion shared from Africa by ENAPAL (00:20-00:30)
- Discussion shared from Latin America by MORHAN (00:30-00:40)
- Talk session between Goodwill Ambassador and young participants (00:40-01:10)
Moderator: Prof. Takahiro Nanri, Executive Director, Sasakawa Health Foundation